Noncredit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How much does it cost to take a noncredit course?

There are no fees or tuition for noncredit courses. However, students may be responsible for books, supplies and parking fees where applicable.

Who is eligible to attend a noncredit course?

Noncredit courses are open to anyone in the community who is 18 years or older and not currently enrolled in high school.

I am over 18 years old but don't have my high school diploma or GED, can I take noncredit classes?


I am over 18 years old and am still in high school, can I take noncredit classes?


Can I get financial aid for noncredit classes?

No, financial aid is not available for noncredit classes.

Do I have to purchase books?

Students may need to purchase textbooks and/or materials for noncredit courses depending on the requirements of the class. Review specific details of each class.

Do I need to purchase a parking permit?

Parking permits are required for classes held at the Rocklin, Nevada County, and Tahoe-Truckee campuses. For more information, visit the Parking webpage

Can I take a combination of noncredit and credit classes at the same time?


Am I eligible for Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) when taking a noncredit course?

Yes. Please visit the DSPS office for more information.

How can I tell the class is noncredit in the class schedule?

The course number will be between 800-899 and has zero units associated with it. For example, if the course was ESL 800, 800 is the course number.


Article ID: 74047
Mon 3/18/19 4:42 PM
Sat 8/24/19 6:33 AM